Supporting your most valuable asset
At Fairview Health Services, we recognize your staff is your most valuable asset. We also appreciate the importance of supporting your people through the various changes that occur in their lives.
Fairview’s Enhanced Employee Assistance Program (EEAP) is a short-term counseling, information and referral service for employees and their families. It is designed to assist individuals during challenging times when outside support can make a huge difference.
Our EEAP counselors are Fairview employees who are dedicated to providing clinically proven employee assistance services. Working with employees and organizations is their area of professional expertise – exclusively. Their EEAP clinical experience produces the very best health outcomes for both individuals and employers.
It is important to note that many other EEAP services sub-contract through networks of mental health generalists who may not have the same level of EEAP-specific experience.
The Fairview Difference
Higher Quality Care
Fairview’s EEAP counselors are licensed professionals, with graduate level training in a variety of mental health disciplines and expertise in issues specific to the workplace.
Better Patient Experience
Our counselors provide short-term, problem-focused counseling, in person, at our counseling centers. This is an EEAP best practice as it helps build trust, facilitate open conversations and expedite healing.
Lower Healthcare Costs
Fairview’s EEAP is a cost containment strategy with the potential to improve the overall health and productivity of your employee population.
More Details About This Service
- Up to six (6) in-person counseling sessions per employee and each qualifying family member per year
- In-person assessment, problem-solving and referrals
- In-person, short-term counseling (up to six in-person counseling sessions per employee/per year)
- Same-day in-person appointments (when deemed rapid response or appropriate)
- Phone access to information and referrals
- Crisis counseling available by phone after business hours and on weekends
- Balancing work and family
- Parenting concerns
- Family and marital concerns
- Domestic violence
- Relationship issues
- Eldercare concerns
- Work issues
- Emotional distress
- Substance abuse and other addictions
- Illness and loss
- Financial difficulties
- Other life changes
Fairview’s EEAP counselors provide employers with consultation and training in the workplace regarding the identification, impact and resolution of behavioral and mental health issues; and their resulting productivity issues.
- Employee orientation
- EEAP team workshops and education for employees:
- Change and Conflict Management
- Healthy Work Environments
- Managing Stress
- Improving Your Mental Health
- Managing Your Finances
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefings and support for teams impacted by critical incidents and/or adverse medical events
- Supervisory training to help identify when to refer employees to EEAP and/or how EEAP may assist with employee performance issues
- Supervisory training on how to effectively manage problematic employees
- Conflict management and conflict resolution training for supervisors