Support for your employees providing care for a loved one
Studies show being a caregiver can affect productivity, attendance, and overall health, ultimately costing you money. Caregiver Assurance is a benefit that can help with employee retention and create a healthy and happy workforce.
Your employees that utilize Caregiver Assurance will receive support from a dedicated personal advisor – a licensed social worker trained in caregiving services – who partners with the employee to navigate the service landscape while providing precise referrals into the extensive network of Fairview and external caregiving services throughout Minnesota.
Your company receives:
- Managerial training – A one-hour class focused on better supporting employees caring for a loved one.
- Unlimited access to account support – Account service representatives are available to assist you at your location when needed.
- Utilization reports – Receive customized utilization reports with parameters you find useful.
Your employees receive:
- Introductory caregiver consultation – To help an employee understand the program and the assistance that can be provided.
- Unlimited phone access to a dedicated Caregiver Advisor – Licensed social workers are trained in aging services and work to understand each employee’s unique situation.
- Tailored referrals to services for seniors and aging – Expert guidance to care resources and services throughout the Fairview, University of Minnesota, and Ebenezer care system, as well as other external services throughout Minnesota.
- A personalized online portal – Accessible anytime, anywhere. Share, store, and retrieve educational materials, important documents, and service resource information provided by the Caregiver Advisor.
- Extended availability hours – To accommodate standard working hours, service is available Monday-Saturday, 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Mind-body and resiliency skills – A four-week series designed to help employees better cope with stress, increase self-esteem, and improve overall quality of life.
- Optional in-home evaluation and family care conference – If necessary, we will conduct a personal evaluation, assessing the current situation and conducting a conference to facilitate communication and care planning.
Employees can receive guidance on the following subjects:
- Stress management
- Emotional support
- Personal referrals
- Financial support
- Family counseling
- Nutrition counseling
- Health and fitness
For loved ones living independently:
- Financial support
- Transition planning and placement services
- Home health care (medical)
- Nonmedical home care
- Social support
- Transportation services
- Meal planning and preparation
- Pet care
- Home and yard maintenance